“Wherever the great dilemma exists is where the great growth is, too……..I hope you have gotten sufficiently tired of hitting the snooze button; I know that what you need or need to activate in yourself will appear; I pray that your awakening comes with ease and grace, and stamina when the going gets hard. To love yourself as you are is a miracle, and to seek yourself is to have found yourself, for now.” – Anne Lamott
I’m officially over the 1/4 way mark! Here are some things I am loving:
- I love the fact that I don’t visit the “little store” at work anymore. (the junkfood store literally attached to my office)…the store where the clerk yelled “hey! it’s Candy Girl!” when i walked in. ugh! Not cool!
- I love that when I am working at my desk I snack on fruits, veggies and nuts instead of M&Ms, Diet Coke and Laffy Taffy.
- I love that my son no longer sees me consume massive quantities of crap.
- I love that I sleep better (when I make the effort to get to bed on time).
- Still a work in progress, but I am loving my healthier skin!!
- I love the CALM.
- I love love looooooooooove that my arms are getting stronger and I can kinda sorta hold a headstand.
- Breathing! I think yoga has helped me integrate DEEP BREATHING into my day to day life. I love this. I am an anxious/nervous/shallow-breather-type person and lately I find myself taking a lot of deep, cleansing breaths. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Not so loving:
- Fatigue. If I don’t get 7-8 hours of good sleep (which is VERY difficult considering my son’s schedule and getting up early to run), I start to seriously DRAG. My recovery sucks and running hills makes me cringe. I need my sleep. Ok, this is a good thing I am learning.
- NUT BUTTERS CALL MY NAME!!!!!!!!! I’m afraid I need to put the kibosh on the PB and almond butter for a while. It has a hold on me as a “treat” and that doesn’t feel good. Feels a little crazy. I’ll add it back in later.
“You have to make mistakes to find out who you aren’t. You take the action, and the insight follows: You don’t think your way into becoming yourself.”
Take action. Insight follows. By doing this 100 day experiment, I am learning that the action part is KEY. The making of mistakes. The becoming.